مطلوب مستشار قانوني – Legal Consultant للعمل لدى لجنة الإنقاذ الدولية – International Rescue Committee
آخر مهلة للتقديم: الجمعة, 30 ديسمبر 2022
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Please submit your application before 30 December on
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications by email will NOT be considered.
Scope of work
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.theIRC.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working around the world, addressing the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict-affected people and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies. The IRC has been working in Lebanon since 2012 to provide support to refugees and vulnerable host community members.
In November 2018, the IRC began implementing a project providing psychosocial support, case management, and legal support to children who are in contact or in conflict with the law in Tripoli – Lebanon, in addition to strengthening the national child protection system to provide a quality response to children and families facing protection issues both during and outside of emergencies.
Assessments conducted by the IRC with lawyers from the Tripoli bar demonstrate that they are interested to receive capacity-building sessions from the IRC on Child Protection and access to Justice for children Topics. It has been shown that 67% of the assessed lawyers were interested in receiving additional training on child-friendly legal aid, including ways to provide support for child survivors of abuse.
The legal consultant will support the child protection department at the IRC to develop training material on legal topics such as the role of a lawyer with children in detention and Legal family. Moreover, the consultant will prepare and deliver training to selected Tripoli Bar Association lawyers.
- Identify interventions and processes where IRC can propose the integration of child protection concepts into legal processes, to influence the practices of key professionals such as lawyers.
- Develop workshop/training content based on themes outlined on the role of a lawyer with children in detention and the coordination role, and the Integration between law 293/2014 and law 422/2002
- The developed material and content will be part of a curriculum the IRC Access to Justice program is developing.
- Include training outline, pre -post-test agenda, and evaluation.
- Facilitate 4 workshops covering 2 topics for around 50 lawyers with IRC CP staff targeting key stakeholders in the judicial system when needed.
- Training should include, role plays on collecting witness statements and collecting evidence from survivors.
- Deliver 2 training reports which include data analysis and recommendations.
- During January 2023: Develop workshop/training content based on themes outlined on the role of a lawyer with children in detention, the coordination role, and the Legal family approach Those will be part of a curriculum.
- During the first 2 weeks of March or based on the timeline and progress of the development of the content: Facilitate 4 workshops covering 2 topics for around 50 lawyers with IRC CP staff targeting key stakeholders in the judicial system when needed
- Within the last week of the contract: Deliver 2 training reports
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to Child Protection Coordinator and Access to Justice Manager.
Position directly supervises: N/A
- University degree in law, or relevant related disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge of the Lebanese Judicial System.
- Extended professional experience in the field of child protection and violence against children/domestic violence/gender-based violence/violence against women and girls.
- Strong understanding of social (and child) protection, justice systems, and social norms, with a particular focus on violence.
- understandingng of human rights and chill rights and international standards.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Energy and enthusiasm; ability to work under pressure; good negotiation, communication, and presentation skills. Pro-activity and a strong orientation toward results.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, partnership building.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Willingness and availability to travel across the country.
The performance of the consultant will be evaluated based on the following criteria: timeliness, possibility, initiative, communication, and quality of the products delivered; also drive for results and a willingness to work within a team environment will be essential and will contribute to the performance evaluation.
Payments will be issued as one lump sum after finalizing all requested deliverables.