فرصة عمل لدى برنامج الأمم المتحدة للغذاء (WFP): مطلوب مساعد/ة في المراقبة (Monitoring Assistant) – Call for Applications: Monitoring Assistant SSA5/SC5 (Roster) – Multiple Posts
المنظمة: برنامج الأغذية العالمي – WFP – World Food Programme
الدرجة: الدعم الإداري – الخدمات والدعم الإداري – بشكل عام لا حاجة للتعليم العالي
تكنولوجيا المعلومات وعلوم الكمبيوتر
آخر مهلة للتقديم: 2023-11-20
التقديم الى الوظيفة:
WFP Lebanon encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability. WFP does not charge a fee or request bank details at any stage of the recruitment process.
WFP Lebanon offers flexible working hours schedule upon prior approval.
Our premises are accessible, and we are committed to accommodating any required reasonable accessible needs to remove barriers in the workplace.
As an inclusive employer, WFP is committed to providing a supportive recruitment process for individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] (and copying in [email protected]) to advise us the type of support and reasonable adjustments you may require at this stage. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This position will close on 17 November 2023, 11:59 PM Rome time.
Assisting more than 115.5 million people in 120 + countries each year, the World Food Program (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by
2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
WFP Lebanon provides humanitarian assistance to over 2 million vulnerable persons for food and other essential needs through cash-based transfers and in-kind food. WFP Lebanon also provides food assistance in the form of snacks and fresh food to school aged students and promotes resilient livelihoods and sustainable food systems. In addition to direct assistance to the most food insecure and vulnerable people, WFP also supports government institutions, partners, and other entities to strengthen their capacity to deliver social assistance.
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video:
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Programme Associate and the overall supervision of the Head of Field Office, the Monitoring Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, resolving routine issues and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
• Collect and summarise assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with cooperating partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
• Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
• Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
• Arrange for regular meetings with community leaders and cooperating partners on commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations.
• Allocate tasks to other staff, providing guidance and on-the-job training to support their
development and high performance.
• Provide standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
• Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
• Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
Additional key responsibilities (Retail)
• Support in the implementation of Supply Chain Cash Based Transfers (CBT) activities following the WFP CBT Business Process Model (BPM)
• Support ongoing contract management of WFP contracted retailers
• Support in the implementation of Market Analysis, Market Development, and/or Retail Improvement initiatives
Additional key responsibilities (M&E)
• Monitor and provide guidance to the cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
• In coordination and under the guidance of CO M&E team to ensure the regular implementation of the process monitoring.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University Degree in economics, business management, supply chain, or other related fields is a plus.
Experience: At least Five (5) years of progressively responsible relevant experience with at least one (1) year of experience in the fields of education, humanitarian assistance, retail business, nutrition, livelihoods, agriculture, refugee operation or other related fields.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English.
Desired Experiences for entry into the role:
• Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
• Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
WFP Leadership Framework: Common Standards of Behaviour
• Leads by Example with Integrity
• Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
• Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative
• Applies Strategic Thinking
• Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Applications must be submitted online:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.