Applicants should submit:
- Cover Letter, that also states if they are eligible to work in Lebanon;
- Previous work samples that reflect the required experience;
Applications must be sent to [email protected] – Mention in Email Subject: Application – Communications Manager
Adyan Vision: Adyan envisions a world where diversity between individuals and communities is lived as enrichment, generating mutual understanding, inclusive citizenship, creative development, sustainable peace, and spiritual solidarity.
Adyan Mission: Adyan works on valuing cultural and religious diversity in its conceptual and practical dimensions, and on promoting coexistence and diversity management among individuals and communities, on the social, political, educational and spiritual levels.
Adyan Strategy: Adyan serves its mission according to a Strategic Plan that includes the Foundation’s goals and their related targets. This strategy is set and reviewed by the Board of the Foundation. It responds, with a contextual approach, to the Foundation’s mission, and connects with other wider strategies as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), especially Goals 4, 5, 10, 11, 16 and 17.
As manager for the Media & Communication Department, you will be the main guardian of Adyan’s brand and image. You will be responsible for the Media and Communication Department overall strategy, for the Management of the department’s activities, the supervision of colleagues in the department, and support in the implementation of all media components in the different porjects.
- Manage and supervise the proper implementation of Adyan’s Media and communications strategy; Develop relevant Tactical plans needed to integrate the baseline and strategy report takeaways across Adyan communications
- Maintain consistency of Adyan’s brand and follow the brand guidelines
- Manage Adyan’s website and supervise all social media platforms related to the foundation and/or its projects.
- Assist in planning and budgeting the media components within proposal writing
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of all projects’ communications, visibility and/or campaigns, in collaboration with project managers in the different departments of Adyan;
- Manage the overall Media and communications department budget;
- Track, monitor and manage the department’s workflow, budget, and team members performances
- Manage the projects/events of the Media and Communications department, including budget and reporting, and ensure timeliness and quality of deliverables;
- Liaise with media partners and media outlets, and develop strong regular relation with the press and actively pursue opportunities for visibility;
- Monitor, Evaluate and Build up the media coverage of Adyan’s work and concepts;
- Organize all type of Adyan media events, and oversee the media and visibility in all Adyan events
- Lead the production of written and audio-visual communication materials (Press release, Annual Report, Publications, Magazines, videos…)
- Conducting Evaluation of Communications activities;
- Manage and coach the communications team members, providing guidance, setting objectives and evaluating performance on regular basis
- Build capacity of Adyan’s staff in communications;
- Identify, contract and handle the relation with the communication and marketing agencies and service providers;
- Contribute to networking, advocacy and fundraising activities;
- Develop, manage and optimize Adyan’s contacts databases.
- Oversee the editorial policy of Adyan’s and Taadudiya websites done by the Editor in Chief;
- Oversee Adyan’s digital media content produced for Social Media
- Demonstrates commitment to the three core values of Adyan Foundation, which are diversity, solidarity and human dignity
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- A team player, who strives to support and be helpful to others, and to support the achievement of organizational goals;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective and respectful working relationships with all team members and external parties;
- Demonstrates interest in NGO work in the areas of cultural diversity management and peacebuilding.
Required skills and experience:
University degree in Communications, Journalism, Digital Marketing, or a related field.
Master’s degree in a related field is a strong asset.
- At least five years of experience in communications management;
- At least five years of project coordination experience (preferably with NGOs);
- Proven experience in developing communications strategies. Experience in digital marketing strategies is an asset;
- Proven experience in working and building relations with local, regional and international media and press.
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly in communication;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong Knowledge of marketing and communications strategies and techniques;
- Knowledge of digital media strategies;
- Ability to organize and accurately complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Ability to work independently;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Email.
Professional level written and spoken Arabic and English language. Proficiency in French is a strong asset.