وظيفة شاغرة: Intersos Ngo تعلن عن حاجتها لأخصائي أو أخصائية اجتماعية (Social Worker) للعمل معها
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organizations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognized by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralized offices.
Job Title : Social Worker – Collective Shelter
Reports to : Collective Shelter Officer
Duty Station : Zahle, Bekaa with regular visits to the Collective Shelter
Position Type : Full time
The Social Worker implements activities and/or trainings in INTERSOS Collective Shelter directly with women, men, youth and children;
- Conduct a daily variety of structured activities (recreational, psychosocial and non-formal education) within the Collective Shelter, catering to the needs of children of different ages and genders and accordingly to the center activities weekly schedule;
- Conduct peer-led focus groups discussions, informal skill training and awareness sessions with children, youth, men and women, accordingly to the Collective Shelter activities weekly schedule;
- Facilitate the participation of all residents at the Collective Shelter to the planned activities held at the Collective Shelter or assigned center, notably the most vulnerable ones (refugees, local community, youth, women, elderly, minority members, people with disabilities etc.), ensuring that proper attention is paid to specific emotional and physical needs;
- Plan and design the Psychosocial Support (PSS) activities in collaboration with the Collective Shelter Officer.
- Maintain daily attendance registers and a weekly and monthly inventory sheets for each activity conducted.
- Maintain and fill properly any distribution list or attendance lists for the activities conducted or the distribution done, under the supervision of the Collective Shelter Officer.
- Informs the supervisors about any difficulty met in INTERSOS activities implementation;
- Be available to participate in meetings and trainings in and outside the Collective Shelter, centers and/or in Intersos Beirut office when requested;
- Accomplish any other assignments given by supervisors or the PM.
- Coordinate with Case Management to ensure the referral of individuals to case management services.
- Receive and responding to referrals from case management for in shelter activities.
- Provide daily basic information about project activities and report on a weekly basis to the Collective Shelter Officer.
- Build weekly reports tracking attendance, trends, distributions, and activities.
(Can be adapted to the particularities of the job location and the requirement of the project. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired).
University Degree in Social work, psychology, or equivalent.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience is required.
- Strong observation, analytical and listening skills
- The capacity to absorb legal/procedural information
- The ability to negotiate/mediate/interpret on behalf of service users
- -Driving License issued since more than 2 years
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good level of planning and organizing
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values
- Respect of Intersos policies and procedures
– Fluency in (written and spoken) Arabic and English;