فرص عمل لدى شبكة عكار للتنمية (Ngo): مطلوب عاملين/ت حالة (Case Worker)
Kindly put in the subject the title of the position you are applying on
Areas of Responsibility:
The Case Worker will:
- Provide case management services in line with the national standard operating procedures for case management;
- Be responsible for the identification, assessment, documentation, referral (to relevant services) and follow-up of at-risk children and families (Case Management);
- Maintain up to date documentation of case management files;
- Ensure that all risk cases are immediately reported to the direct line manager;
- Maintain regular communication with external referral agencies for service provisions;
- Provide information and arrange social counselling for individual cases, namely children and adolescents at risk and parents in need of support;
- Provide information and advise the beneficiaries on existing social services and how to access them;
- Maintain files, registers, computer databases and records in paper or electronic form
- Remain abreast of developments in the field of service provisions this includes maintaining and updating spreadsheet with mapped services and focal points for service provisions;
- Participate actively in weekly case management team meeting coordination meetings;
- Communicate regularly with the line Manager for updates on achievements and challenges in the field;
- Collaborate closely with the Psychosocial team on cases, as well as provide support as and when requested;
- Draft reports-internal case management report, juvenile judge reports, resettlement referrals;
The Case worker will be responsible to conduct all steps of the case management process for an assigned number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence and their families in this process: Ensure children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by conducting documentation, assessments, action plans, direct service provision, referrals and follow ups for an assigned case load of children; Provide support to families in the process of case management, Directly work with other caseworkers and service providers on management of caseload and referrals.
The Case Worker is required to possess the following skills:
Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently,
Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Technical diploma or degree in social work, human rights, or related degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, English speaking is a plus
- Staunch advocate of child protection and child rights.
- 75% field work and 25% Office work.
- Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
The Case Worker shall report to the case management supervisor.