وظائف شاغرة لدى برنامج الغذاء العالمي التابع للأمم المتحدة: مطلوب سائقين -Call for Applications: Driver SSA2/SC2 (Roster) – Multiple Posts
المنظمة: WFP – World Food Programme
الدرجة: الدعم الإداري – SSA 2 – اتفاقية الخدمة الخاصة، اتفاقية المقاولين المحليين
تكنولوجيا المعلومات وعلوم الكمبيوتر
آخر مهلة للتقديم: 2023-11-17
التقديم الى الوظيفة:
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability. WFP does not charge a fee or request bank details at any stage of the recruitment process.
WFP Lebanon offers flexible working hours schedule upon prior approval.
Our premises are accessible, and we are committed to accommodating any required reasonable accessible needs to remove barriers in the workplace.
As an inclusive employer, WFP is committed to providing a supportive recruitment process for individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] (and copying in [email protected]) to advise us the type of support and reasonable adjustments you may require at this stage. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This position will close on 14 November 2023, 11:59 PM Rome time.
Assisting more than 115.5 million people in 120 + countries each year, the World Food Program (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by
2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
WFP Lebanon provides humanitarian assistance to over 2 million vulnerable persons for food and other essential needs through cash-based transfers and in-kind food. WFP Lebanon also provides food assistance in the form of snacks and fresh food to school aged students and promotes resilient livelihoods and sustainable food systems. In addition to direct assistance to the most food insecure and vulnerable people, WFP also supports government institutions, partners, and other entities to strengthen their capacity to deliver social assistance.
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video:
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Fleet Assistant and the overall supervision of the Admin Officer, the Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
• Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival
• to the authorized destinations.
• Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the
• supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
• Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
• Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
• Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations
Experience: At least Two (2) or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorized vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and good English language skills.
Required Experiences for entry into the role:
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact
WFP Leadership Framework: Common Standards of Behaviour
• Leads by Example with Integrity
• Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
• Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative
• Applies Strategic Thinking
• Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Applications must be submitted online:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted