فرص عمل لدى منظمة Intersos Ngo: مطلوب اختصاصيين في العمل الإجتماعي (Social Worker)
Interested candidates please apply on the following link:
Attention: The above link is the only official link for the application. Any other link does not represent INTERSOS.
Applications submitted through email will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that INTERSOS does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organizations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognized by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralized offices.
Job Title : Social Worker
Reports to : Protection Officer
Duty Station : Rachaya, Bekaa
Position Type : Full time
Raise awareness in key topics related to protection including child protection (CP) and gender-based violence (GBV) and response activities among targeted communities. Provide support and capacity building to community volunteers and community groups in order to increase awareness, identification and prevention of protection risks and develop appropriate community protection responses.
- Conduct awareness raising sessions on Diverse protection subjects and any emergent necessary ones. both within INTERSOS centers and as part of mobile community outreach activities
- Provide community based psychosocial support activities in safe and culturally-appropriate locations within communities.
- Establish and support community-based group structures to address protection concerns at the community level
- Ensure that identified individuals at risk are referred to appropriate service providers
- Undertake outreach to key community leaders to access, engage, and mobilize the local communities in the targeted areas.
- Deliver awareness raising sessions on protection and GBV-related topics including gender roles, gender equality, online safety, and prevention of cyberbullying, GBV types and prevention of violence
- Plan and design community-focused PSS activities in collaboration with the project activity manager and project psychologists
- Facilitate the participation and engagement of vulnerable target individuals and groups in planned activities, ensuring appropriate attention is paid to specific emotional and physical needs
- Lead in the identification and capacity building of a pool of community volunteers
- Support community volunteers to co-facilitate awareness-raising sessions on GBV principles, minimum standards, case management, safe identification and referral and counselling techniques
- Support community volunteers in the establishment and organization of community-based groups to address protection, including GBV and CP at the community level
- Support community volunteers in planning and implementing community initiatives
- Undertake and follow up referral of protection cases internally to case managers for individuals at risk, including CP and GBV, and where appropriate to external service providers.
- Participate in regular project meetings and attend internal and external trainings, including in INTERSOS Beirut office, as appropriate and required.
- Proactively keep abreast of project developments as provided by the project manager and of the context and protection situation of the targeted communities.
- Ensure attendance and distribution lists, weekly and monthly inventory sheets are maintained and regularly updated for all activities conducted in compliance with project requirements.
- Provide daily updates on project activities and file weekly reports to the senior social worker.
- Ensure senior project staff are kept informed on progress towards targets and issues that impact project/activity implementation
University Degree in Social work.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- A minimum of 1 year of progressively responsible professional experience is required.
- Strong observation, analytical and listening skills
- The ability to negotiate/mediate/interpret on behalf of service users.
- Valid Driving License issued since more than 2 years.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good level of Planning and organizing
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values
- Respect of Intersos policies and procedures
- Good level of Planning and organizing
Fluency in (written and spoken) Arabic and English