فرص عمل لدى منظمة Intersos Ngo: مطلوب عاملين وعاملات حالة (Case Worker – CP)
Interested candidates please apply on the following link:
Attention: The above link is the only official link for the application. Any other link does not represent INTERSOS.
Applications submitted through email will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that INTERSOS does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organizations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognized by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralized offices.
Job Title : Case Worker (Child Protection)
Reports to : Senior Case Worker (SCW)
Duty Station : Nabatieh and Roving in the South
Position Type : Full-time
Act according to the guiding principles of GBV and Child Protection case management including: survivor centered approach, respect of confidentiality, prioritize according to safety concerns, ‘do not harm’, ensure a non-discriminatory approach, act according to the best interest of the child, ensure accountability, respect professional boundaries and avoid conflict of interest;
- Ensure that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced;
- Provide direct support and care for vulnerable case with protection concerns (including survivors of gender-based violence), including psychosocial support and case management.
- Detect, counsel and follow up individual cases identified during psychosocial activities by the team or referred by other agencies; or through community services and protection monitors where applicable;
- Conduct psychosocial assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioral, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well- being;
- Ensure coordination and synergy with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing;
- Manage, fill, archive specific forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness;
- Monitor and follow up the outcome of the assistance provided;
- Be available to provide basic emotional support for urgent cases;
- Manage the hotline according to the internal procedures and under the Senior Case worker supervision;
- Ensure the provision of emergency cash assistance for the most vulnerable clients, according to the needs of the clients, the agreed criteria and the internal procedures and under the supervision of the Senior Case Worker;
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected;
- Be available to participate in meetings and trainings in and outside the centres including case management meetings and case conferences meetings or any other meetings when required by the SCW;
- Accomplish any other task not here listed if necessary to the projects achievement.
- Complete the tasks of SCW during times of handover and when the SCW is on leave, as mentioned in the SCW handover and with the approval and supervision of the protection manager.
- Assist the SCW in collecting cases weekly from the OVs to deliver to the OV Coordinator.
- Contribute to the update of the INTERSOS online case management platform.
- Conduct assessments of protection cases for inclusion in cash assistance programs.
- Manage the tasks of the SCW during times of handover, with supervision and assistance by the protection manager.
Outreach and community-based activities:
- Support the organization of specific events or activities inside or outside the centres, in collaboration with the SCW, Protection officer, OV Coordinator, protection manager and PM.
- Support the work of the refugee outreach volunteers (OVs) in identifying and referring protection cases and work with the OV Coordinator when necessary, to collect information and plan activities and meetings.
- Support the Outreach Volunteer (OV) program, including assisting the OV Coordinator when events and meetings take place in the center.
- Fill up all required forms related to CP guidelines for case management such as where applicable BIA, BID, Intake forms, annex 2 and 8 as per the CP NSOP guidelines and ensure proper documentation.
- University Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel);
- Reporting skills;
- Driving License issued since 2 years
- Cultural Awareness.
- High confidentiality, respect and non-discrimination attitude;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Planning and Organizing; Ability to work under pressure;
- Flexibility and adaptability; Willing to work extra hours and during the weekend if emergency cases arise;
- Availability to frequent field visits across area.
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values.
- Respect of Intersos policies and procedures
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Very Good in English.